Saturday, August 6, 2011

I need to start going out more, trying different things!! Help me!!

Got a request for help from a friend on Facebook looking for something different to get into this weekend.  Hope the conversation below gives you guys a better understanding of what I do.

Her: I need to start going out more, trying different things!! Help me lol

Me: lol no problem
what kinda budget you wroking with and what things have you always wanted to do but didn't think you could find in the DMV

Her: Well my budget isnt that big lol.. I just wanna try something different I usuallly just go to bars and  lounges! Im ready to meet new people step out to different areas. I havent been to alot of places in baltimore and I been here for years lol..

Me: Ok I feel you. You dont need a big budget, a lot of the stuff I find is free. Give me a range i.e. 0-$50, $50-$100 etc. so I can narrow my search and find something that fits your personallity and wallet

Her: Okay like 65

Me: Ok cool you looking for something this weekend or just in general?

Her: Something for Saturday, its a friend of mines bday.

Me: To do List:
Boordy Vineyards has a summer concert series every Saturday from 5:45-9:30 tickets are $17 and include wine tasting. Even if you don't love the band the vineyard and energy of the place is awesome plus you can back a picnic if you like, take a tour of the vineyard, or buy one of their bottles get wasted.  http://www.boordy.com/events/events-at-boordy

Illusions Magic Bar is a cool out of the box thing to do. The bar has the best mixed drinks I've had in a long time. They have a magic/comedy which cost $10 and a mandatory 2 drink minimum. The German Pear Martini is a MUST HAVE. The comedian/magician is no Kevin Heart or Chris Angel but he is funny.
He finishes his act by escaping from a straight jacket while hanging upsidedown.  The clientele and owner are super friendly. After the show you guys could bar hop, the clubs in the area don't charge a cover. If you want to go to the magic show I suggest you make reservation.Warning parking can be a headache http://illusionsmagicbar.com/

Edens Lounge has a wine tasting from 7-9pm. Not sure what the cover is but I can’t imagine it being more then $10 plus the have 2 for 1 drinks until 9. If you wanted to stay there and party Quick Silva Djs tonight and he always shuts ish down. Warning its a nice place but kinda small and gets packed, especially when Quick is DJing, and parking can be a headache. http://www.edenslounge.com/

Comedy Factory I had a good time down there last night and think you would like it too. The price of tickets varies based on the comedian but it’s normally never more then $20 they also have a 2 drink minimum (non alcoholic drinks count) and you can party in the power plant after the show if you like. http://www.baltimorecomedy.com/

Magooby's Joke House is another comedy venue with the same rules as the other two as far a drinks and the price of admission http://magoobys.com/

The Urban Pirate Cruise is another wacky thing you can do. I've never been but I have a home boy that always goes and has a great time.Tickets are $25 http://urbanpirates.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=3
Hope this helps dear
Let me know what you pick and how it was.

Her: Thanks so much love! I’m thinking the magic bar it sounds interesting. I'll let u know what I decide. Good looking out

No comments:

Post a Comment