Saturday, July 30, 2011

Step into my Boudoir

Those of you that know me well know that I’m not really a girly girl but I’m always down for trying something new. So, when I got an invited to a Boudoir party by one of my girlfriends, I was all in. Even though I wasn’t 100% clear on exactly what a Boudoir party was.  Imagine my surprise when I realized we were going to be photographed in lingerie!  My friend explained that lingerie wasn’t mandatory but it was the theme for the evening.  My motto about theme parties is this, GO HARD OR GO HOME.  There was no way I was going to punk out on an opportunity to get my Victoria Secrets model on!

I arrived at the hotel suite around 7:30pm to a group of giggling ladies drinking mystery punch, which I quickly poured myself a cup of. As I looked over the appetizers, desserts, and endless bottles of liquor and wine, I thought it wise to get my smash on before I got in the makeup chair.  I knew that once I hit that chair all my normal party shenanigans would be halted until after my photo session.  I approached the chair with caution, explaining to the makeup artist that I was a virgin and asked her to take it easy on me. After a brief discussion about my outfits and some input from the ladies, she worked her creative magic and I arose from the chair looking ultra photo shoot fab.  It was time for me to make love to the camera.

I'm certain the photographer saw the hesitation on my face when she called me to the bedroom.  She asked if I had any special poses or if I'd like her to pose me.  The only pose I know is a hand on the hip with a kool-aid smile, so I gladly accepted her assistance. After the first set of shots and some small talk, I began to relax.  By the time we got to my second outfit, I was completely comfortable.  At the end of the session, I thanked her for her help and rejoined the rest of the ladies for some food and drinking games.  Even though I normally shy away from super girly parties, I truly enjoyed getting in touch with my inner vixen. So much so that I’m seriously considering hosting my own party for my friends. Thanks to the miracle of Photoshop, this is something that women of all shapes and sizes can participate in with the sex appeal and confidence of a runway model. 


Party Tips:
  1. Invite open-minded women.  Everything isn’t for everyone and this maybe too much for some folks.
  2. Keep it a ladies only party, at least until everyone has finished their photo session.
  3. Appetizers, drinks and games are a must. You need to keep your friends entertained between sessions.
  4. Jello shots are always a good idea. They are perfect for drinking games and they don’t intimidate light drinkers.
  5. Don’t be afraid to take your party to the next level. Exotic dancers, pole dancing lessons, or even adult toys can bring an interesting twist to your party.  This is perfect for a Bad Girls Night Out, bachelorette party, or birthday party you’re only limited by your imagination and your budget.

Recommended Vendors (You can find them on Facebook) :
  1. Sherria Lovelace – Party planner and small group caterer  
  2. Von Kutekakes – Cake decorator
  3. KLK Creations – Cake decorator
  4. Toy Guy – Adult entertainment and toys
  5. Glamorous Diva Photography-  Professional Photographer
  6. Deneen Mitchell- Makeup Artist 
  7. Ericka Cherrie- Hair Stylist  

No comments:

Post a Comment